1. Research wildlife in any of the national parks in Kenya.
2. Cruise the Okavango Delta in Botswana
3. Sleep under the stars in a camper van in Namibia.
4. Behold backyard African penguins in Cape Town, South Africa.
5. Snorkel (or dive) with several sea turtle species in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
6. Stargaze while camping in the Atlas Mountains, Morocco.
7. Hike to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
8. Eye up the ancient Egyptian pyramids.
9. Gaze at gorilla groups in the mountains of Mgahinga, Uganda.
10. Lurk among the lemurs living in the forests of Madagascar.
11. Shop until I drop in Seoul, Korea.
12. Spot tigers in Ranthambore National Park, India.
13. Tour the Taj Mahal at sunrise in India.
14. Try out traditional medicine in Bali, Indonesia.
15.Keep out of the way of Komodo dragons in Komodo National Park, Indonesia.
16. Browse bazaars and honor the Hagia Sofia in Istanbul, Turkey
17. Attend a ballet at the Mariinsky Theatre in St Petersburg, Russia.
18. Stumble up steps to ancient temples in Sri Lanka’s cultural triangle.
19. Light a lantern at the Loi Krathong festival in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
20. Ponder at the ancient city of Petra, Jordan.
21. Hone my horseriding skills among locals in the Mongolian Steppes.
22. Sample Saigonese street food in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
23. Peer up at sandstone pillars in Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, China.
24. Bounce up the steps to the Batu caves outside Kualu Lumpur, Malaysia.
25. Admire the architecture of Angkor Wat in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
26. Baffle at the height of the bamboo shoots in the Sagano Forest outside Kyoto, Japan.
27. Dive the Great Barrier Reef after visiting the Daintree Rainforest in Queensland, Australia.
28. Kayak the coast at Abel Tasman National Park, New Zealand.
29. Photograph penguins (and koalas!) at Phillip Island, Australia
30. Meander the forests and meet tribesmen in Papa New Guinea.
31. Run from red crabs on Christmas Island, Australia.
32. Sit and silently watch sea lion harems on (at least) one of the New Zealand Sub-antarctic Islands.
33. Tramp along the Tasman Sea at Freycinet National Park in Tasmania, Australia.
34. Take a crack at canyoning the Tara River in Montenegro.
35. Wander through vinyards in Rioja, Spain.
36. Savor port in Porto, Portugal.
37. Discover the difference between Prosecco and Champagne in the Champagné region of France.
38. Ski the Alps in Switzerland.
39. Learn to cook authentic eggplant dishes in Sicily, Italy.
40. Climb the streets of Lisbon, Portugal in search of the best Pasteis de Nata.
41. Sit among seabirds on Skomer Island, Wales.
42. Sleep in a canal boat in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
43. Set off on a sailboat trip along the Dalmatian Coast of Croatia.
44. Gaze at the Alhambra in Grenada, Spain.
45. Spook myself silly at the Sedlec Ossuary chapel in the Czech Republic.
46. Tour spring tulip fields in Keukenhof, The Netherlands.
47. Butter crepes in Bretagne, France.
48. Climb to the top of the abbey in Mont-Saint-Michel, France.
49. Eat currywurst next to the Berlin Wall in Berlin, Germany.
50. Watch wild horses in The Camargue, France.
51. Camp with ferries in Iceland.
52. Ride along reindeer and watch the northern lights in Sweden.
53. Hike the hills in the Lake District, England.
54. Appreciate the history of Irish conflict in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
55. Resort to guilty pleasures in the Reeperbahn in Hamburg, Germany.
56. Sail among Fjords in western Norway.
57. Swim with seals off Lundy Island, UK.
58. Camp on cliffs filled with seabird nests in Orkney, Scotland, UK.
59. Climb the winding coastal roads on the island of Corsica, France.
60. Bond with blue whales in the Azores, Portugal.
61. Discover sinking ruins in central Mexico City, Mexico.
62. Kayak (or paddleboard) with whales along the Baja Peninsula, Mexico.
63. Drive up Highway 1 in a rented convertible in California, USA.
64. Party on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, USA during Mardi Gras.
65. Whale watch off of Vancouver Island, Canada.
66. Buy fresh fish at Pike Place Market in Seattle, USA.
67. Compare coffee shops in Portland, Oregon, USA.
68. Hug a tree in Humboldt Redwoods State Park in California, USA.
69. Ski in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, USA.
70. Count caribou in Denali National Park, Alaska, USA.
71. Reenact scenes from La La Land in Los Angelos, USA.
72. Eat only lobster for a day in Portland, Maine, USA.
73. Hear the infamous Quebec accent in Montreal and Quebec City (while eating poutine, duh).
74. Sing along to Paul Simon’s Graceland, driving from Graceland in Memphis to Nashvillle, Tenessee, USA.
75. Airboat through the crocodile-infested waters of the Everglades in southwestern Florida, USA.
76. Hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail in the eastern USA.
77. Dig into a deep dish in Chicago, USA.
78. Compare battling barbeque joints in Kansas City, USA.
79. Play with narwhal pods in the Canadian Arctic.
80. Veer off course during a vintage road trip in Cuba.
81. Admire the talent at Austin City Limits Music Festival in Austin, Texas, USA.
82. Embrace the strange at Burning Man Festival in Black Rock City, Nevada, USA.
83. Sing along at Cirque du Soleil Love in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.
84. Hear bison herds in Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming, and Montana, USA.
85. Kayak coastal islands in Nova Scotia, Canada.
86. Cruise down the Amazon river in Brazil.
87. People-watch (or stare) at a beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
88. Pair steak with a bottle of red wine in the Mendoza region of Argentina.
89. Birdwatch endemic species in Belize.
90. Zipline through the cloud forest canopy in Costa Rica.
91. Photograph the Ausangate Rainbow Mountains in Peru.
92. Smell the Uyuni Salt Flat in Bolivia.
93. Wonder at whale sharks on the Gladden Split, Belize.
94. Hike along the Inca Trail, Peru.
95. Meander among the Angel Falls, Venezuela.
96. Visit all three ‘Bird Islands.’ I have visited the one in South Georgia (if the captain parking the boat on the ‘beach’ counts) but still need to see those in the Seychelles and Belize.
97. Island hop like a vagrant finch in the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador.
98. Gush over walruses (and cross the Arctic Circle) in Svalbard, Norway.
99. Dive to deeper seas in a submarine.
100. Mingle with manta rays in the Maldives.